Pages

2.14.2011

Give it a Whirl!

The idea to start my own blog came about while I was searching for design ideas for our kids' bathroom, which was unsuccessful. However, in my search I found a whole slew of DIY projects that intrigued me, as well as women (mainly stay at home moms, which I am!) showing the renovations of their homes from start to finish. One blog led to the next which led to another, and soon I began to think, "I can do this, too!"

While I was pregnant with my son, I told my husband that I thought I'd like to blog about cooking after I found a great site with delicious meals and equally delicious photos! But that never happened. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, and I love to dabble in photography, but I thought I would get a little bored with just writing about food. However, I'm hoping The House of Powers blog will provide ideas for food and entertaining, but most of all design.

I am an Interior Designer by trade. I love what I do, and I am very fortunate to be able to stay home with my son, as well as work on projects with wonderful clients as they come my way. It keeps my mind working, and gives me the creative outlet that I thrive on! I figured now is a great time to begin blogging because we are about a month away from the demolition of our kitchen and upstairs bathroom! 3 years in the making people! These projects will be a great jumping off point for The House of Powers blog. I'm already excited to get writing about them, as well as showing you all our *lovely* before photos!

So with all that being said, welcome to the begining of my blog! It's time I "give it a whirl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment